Some early signs that you may have mice include:
- You hear strange noises coming from your walls or ceilings, especially at night. This is likely the sound of mice running around or gnawing on something.
- You find small, black pellets of mouse droppings in your home. These are usually found near where the mice are nesting or where they have been feeding.
- You see mouse holes or gnaw marks on food packaging or in furniture. Mice like to nest in small, dark places and will often gnaw on things to create nesting material.
- You find mouse traps that have been triggered but don’t contain a mouse. This means that a mouse has been in your home and has been trying to find food.
- You notice a musty smell in your home. This is likely due to the presence of mice, as they tend to leave behind urine and feces where they nest.
If you notice any of these signs, it’s important to take action to get rid of the mice before they cause more damage to your home or spread disease. Mice are attracted to food sources, so be sure to keep your food storage areas clean and free of crumbs. If you notice signs of mice in your home, contact us at Birch Fumigators, and we will be happy to help you get rid of them.