There are several signs that may indicate the presence of cockroaches in your home:
- Sightings: Seeing live or dead cockroaches is the most obvious sign of an infestation.
- Droppings: Cockroaches leave behind small, cylindrical droppings that are dark brown in colour. These droppings may be found near their hiding places or near food sources.
- Odour: Cockroaches produce a musty, unpleasant odour that can be noticeable in infested areas.
- Egg cases: Cockroaches lay their eggs in protective cases called oothecae, which are light brown in colour and may be found near their hiding places.
- Smear marks: Cockroaches leave behind dark, greasy smear marks as they travel along walls, baseboards, and other surfaces.
If you suspect you have a cockroach infestation, it is best to contact a pest control professional for an inspection and treatment.